A one-of-a-kind pizza oven
The Stefano Ferrara name is synonymous with authentic Neapolitan pizza
Stefano Ferrara’s are still built brick on brick without using any prefabricated part, as old tradition dictates. The oven not only ensures excellent performance in terms of cooking and heat retention, but they are unique pieces of neapolitan craftmanship, appreciated and requested throughout the whole world.
The Stefano Ferrara style oven design has been used in the Ferrara family business for nearly 100 years; spanning three generations of oven-makers.
Stefano Ferrara cool facts:
- The Ridge Cafe is only 1 of 2 places in the Salt Lake Metro that has an authentic Stefano Ferrara brick oven
- The framework utilizes Santa Maria bricks shaped by hand
- Can cook a pizza in 45-90 seconds
- Dome is approximately 60mm thick
- Bricks are covered with clay which is formed by hand
- 6,000 lbs
- Marble decking
- Copper tiles adorn the exterior
- Approximately $25,000
- Recommended working temperature is between 752-842oF