A one-of-a-kind pizza oven
The Stefano Ferrara name is synonymous with authentic Neapolitan pizza
Stefano Ferrara’s are still built brick on brick without using any prefabricated part, as old tradition dictates. The oven not only ensures excellent performance in terms of cooking and heat retention, but they are unique pieces of neapolitan craftmanship, appreciated and requested throughout the whole world.
The Stefano Ferrara style oven design has been used in the Ferrara family business for nearly 100 years; spanning three generations of oven-makers.
Stefano Ferrara cool facts:
- The Ridge Cafe is only 1 of 2 places in the Salt Lake Metro that has an authentic Stefano Ferrara brick oven
- The framework utilizes Santa Maria bricks shaped by hand
- Can cook a pizza in 45-90 seconds
- Dome is approximately 60mm thick
- Bricks are covered with clay which is formed by hand
- 6,000 lbs
- Marble decking
- Copper tiles adorn the exterior
- Approximately $25,000
- Recommended working temperature is between 752-842oF
If you've had it up to HERE with your kids saying, "I'm boooored," we have the solution! A delicious, fun and potentially educational opportunity to share with your kids.
Keep your kids entertained, active and cooking with our "Build Your Own Pizza Kit"
There’s no better time to embrace the joys of cooking and getting your kids involved in the kitchen. Cooking with kids can fill that need perfectly to teach important life skills. Washing, chopping and peeling and selecting vegetables helps kids learn how to cook a meal from scratch. Letting them make decisions including choosing ingredients gives kids a sense of ownership as well. So how do you cook with your kids adding to the work that you’ve already got on your plate?
The Ridge has launched "Build Your Own Pizza Kit" that includes everything you need to make pizza at home. There’s no better time to develop your culinary skills than now and this kit is the perfect activity for the whole family. We are excited to offer these pizza kits and along with our tips and directions to get started once you buy your kit! With the finest pizzeria ingredients, all you need to do is grab an apron, unleash your creative side and make the most of the time you have together as family. Pizza is the perfect introduction to cooking with your child, especially this kit as it doesn’t take a lot of tools and ingredients.
Make it an educational activity
Not only is cooking a great way to teach an important life skill, it's a great opportunity to teach:
- Fine motor skills like scooping and pouring
- Importance of "Eating the Rainbow" for nutrition
Great way to have your kids try healthy ingredients
Your child is more likely to try a new veggie as a topping on a pizza when they choose and make it themselves. Pizza is a versatile dish with infinite variations and a great choice to let your child take the lead on making pizza themselves. You could help them make choices, encourage them to add a “rainbow” of colors to their pizza. This might be the best time to help familiarize your children with various veggies while whipping up a quick, easy and great meal!
BUILD YOUR OWN PIZZA KITS INCLUDE:
- Sauce (Red or Blanco)
- Dough Ball
- Protein (Pepperoni or Chicken)
At The Ridge, we believe that a great dining experience starts with great ingredients. Order your pizza kit today and share your cooking experiences with us!
Feel free to call us 801.571.8000, place your order, pay and pickup curbside OR download our form to order more grocery items
In search of an easy meal you can whip up without a supermarket trip? Are simple dinners what you have been craving for? The average person visits the grocery store about twice a week.
However, in the current situation that we find ourselves in right now, that might not be an option due to a number of circumstances. Here are some of the recipes that you can try out with 5 ingredients or fewer, using existing items from your fridge or pantry.
- Savory soup: All it takes are some potatoes, corn, cheese, onion and chicken broth to whip up potato corn soup. Peel and chop potatoes, onions and cook them over medium heat in a large pot with some butter. Add chicken broth, water and some seasoning. Simmer until it heats while stirring continuously. Puree some part of this soup in a blender, return it to the pot and add frozen corn and cheese until it melts.
- Comfort food that’s healthy too: Comfort food can include healthy ingredients. Spread out cooked broccoli over half of a tortilla and top it with cheddar cheese before folding it over. Place it over a skillet and cook at least 4 minutes on each side untill you notice that the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden brown on both sides.
- Healthy snacking with apple chips: Thinly slice apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for an hour before flipping the pieces over and baking another hour. Once cooled, these chips are the perfect substitute for any unhealthy snack that you might reach for!
- Herbs and seasoning all over: In a large skillet, brown chicken pieces in olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken broth, minced fresh rosemary, salt, pepper and lime juice for a delectable rosemary lime chicken.
If you choose takeout and delivery, you can choose from a wide range of salads, brick oven pizzas, pastas and our specialty – Sammiches (a choice of salad, fries or sweet planks). Use our online ordering page.
Cabin fever or Coronavirus keeping you indoors? There are plenty of local parks, baseball fields and beautiful hiking spots to setup a picnic. We've got the ultimate checklist of items to get you ready for a few fun-filled hours to keep the kids safe and entertained!
You'll want to pack items that are easy to pack in and out with the least waste. We recommend non-glass, plastic containers with lids to keep items fresh and easy to stack in a cooler or bag.
Where are you going?
Some things to consider for your outing, will you need to hike a ways to your picnic spot? In that case, you'll want to pack as light as possible. If your destination has tables and BBQ facilities, you'll need a tablecloth, BBQ utensils and charcoal briquettes.
What else can you do?
Don't forget to pack that portable Bluetooth speaker or tailgate by your car. Bring the baseball gear, a Frisbee, croquet or setup your own a badminton court. If you're bringing your dog, don't forget a leash, doggie waste bags, bowl and water.
What will you serve?
Depending upon the time of day and facilities available, you may want to pack an after dinner s'mores dessert and wine basket or a casual afternoon lunch with cold cut sandwiches and sides. For your sides, consider individual bags of chips or salad greens in containers which you can add dressing to, attach the lids and shake to mix once you're ready to eat. Don't forget the fruits and veggies! Popular fruit choices are those that aren't messy, such as grapes, strawberries and blueberries. If you're serving fresh veggies, cut them up ahead of time and don't forget the Ranch dip. A great dessert option is s'mores, but don't forget the wet wipes for those sticky marshmallow fingers! A cleaner and portable option is cookies. Keep everyone hydrated with their favorite drink and plenty of water.
Keep it cool
Pack a cooler with ice packs and/or ice to keep chocolates, drinks and cold cuts cold and place the cooler in a shady spot if you can. Pack the non-refrigerated items in a backpack, reusable grocery bag or traditional picnic basket.
- Bottle/wine opener
- Sanitizer to wipe down hands and picnic tables and benches
- Picnic tablecloth or blanket
- Garbage bag for packing it all out
- Reusable utensils, reusable plates, napkins, wet wipes (for sticky hands), glasses if needed
- Sunscreen, hats, insect repellant
- First aid kid, candles
- Lighter, matches, BBQ utensils, charcoal